Catching Up

It has been a while since my last post as I have been slowly settling into Morocco for the next couple of months. The hectic week or two in addition to the lack of wifi has been a significant hindrance to writing anything. Finally got some wifi and time enough for a post today. The goal in the coming months will be to put out a weekly post and then get back into a more regular routine when I head back to that states in mid-May. I will throw down a couple of tracks I have been feeling the last couple of weeks.

Alpines

I think this place might be haunted. Catherine Pockson has got me searching in ghosts with her spectral hymns. I consistently turn to Alpines for travel playlists and "Lights" seems about perfect for drifting off as the plane taxis for takeoff. Look for their debut album to drop later this year. For a bonus I included "Tidal Wave," a collaboration between Alpines and Sub Focus.





Kevin Allred

"To the left to the left to the left, everything you own in a box to the left." Who doesn't like an indie Beyoncé cover? No one. An unlikely match was found with the voice of Kevin Allred and Beyoncé's "Irreplaceable." You wouldn't think the memorable chorus of "You must not know bout me, I could have another you in a minute" could be echoed effectively by a folk singer. Through and through this album of live tracks and forgotten gems makes the cut.



Religion

Producing one of my favorite remixes in a long time with "Ellie," the rehash of "Lights" by Ellie Goulding, Religion strikes again with "Swimming Pools." Remixing Kendrick Lamar is no easy feat, especially doing so in a manner that contributes more than merely white noise. There are certainly shared elements between Religion's two tracks "Ellie" and "Swimming Pools," but two distinct products stand alone at the end of the day. Religion continues to climb the ranks and I don't think we will see any change in that anytime soon. I want to see what happens when these guys piece together a full album.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thelma Plum - "Gold" (Chet Faker cover)

Sorcha Richardson - "Petrol Station"

New Releases Abound...