Gallant - Ke$ha Rehash


On first listen I have to admit Gallant's take of Ke$ha's "Die Young" didn't have me. I opened it up again tonight, to see if maybe, just maybe it might sink in a bit more. Listened to it three times in a row and I can say it did. Certainly a darker take on the song, it forces you to slow down and re-evaluate the original. Personally, I am hit in a drastically different way by Gallant's retake than by ke$ha's. Neither good nor bad, merely unalike. The stripped away guitar with the far-off, silky vocals of Gallant adds more with each verse. Felix Snow and Gallant make for a talented duo. Mirroring the bare bones approach of the rehash, the video portrays a silhouette of Gallant performing against a white backdrop. Enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thelma Plum - "Gold" (Chet Faker cover)

Sorcha Richardson - "Petrol Station"

New Releases Abound...