Bago - Born Bad

Returned to my apartment after what had been a great night to be greeted with the track "Born Bad" in my inbox. Bago sure has some damn pipes and can belt it. The verdant background instrumentation combines with her voice to create an eerie landscape; close yours eyes and you are instantly lost in it. Upon first listen I liked the track but was not an instant fan. Listening to it three more times before going to sleep however quickly changed my position. On that fourth listen it all fell into place. I headed to Bago's tumblr to find out some more about her and was greeted with this: "Music for the screwed, blued, tattooed. God bless you because I can't." That tag feels so fitting while listening to "Born Bad." Her gritty video for "Dr. Lock" is also posted below. The planned January 2013 release of a new EP has got me looking forwards to winter.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thelma Plum - "Gold" (Chet Faker cover)

Sorcha Richardson - "Petrol Station"

New Releases Abound...