Recently generating a lot of noise, Vienna born/London based producer S O H N has entrapped me in his dark web. The track "Warnings" conjures up strong similarities between The Weeknd and S O H N. It is fitting that the line, "If it comes back to haunt us," figures prominently and repetitively in the song. Throughout the course of the days after first hearing S O H N, I often found myself on runs feeling helpless with the "The Wheel" running through my head, desperately wishing I could listen to the song. "The Wheel" also opens with one of the most chilling lines I have heard in a while: "I died a week ago/ There's nothing left/ It's caught on video/ The very last breath/ The very last breath." Delicate is the only word I can think of to describe his vocals and lyrics. As in "Warnings", verdant background instrumentation lulls the listener into a state devoid of reality in "The Wheel" and "Oscillate". Make sure to keep an eye out for the official release of "The Wheel" on Aesop November, 5. Happy listening.
Crystal Fighters - "You & I" [MP3 + Video]
It has been a fantastic day for music with the new YADi release and now another new one from Crystal Fighters . Ahead of the May 27 release of Cave Rave , the Fighters released "You & I" along with a fantastical video for the track. I like to imagine that the clip is a little glimpse into the minds of the group. A group known for their surreal music videos, the Fighters offer an anthropomorphic animal love portrait. The video is replete with a singing tree and rhythmically endowed bird and portrays their eventual forced separation. "You & I" is a tragic yarn of devotion, and in the case of the video, literally to the dying end. "You & I" boasts more of the lyrical somersaults and tongue-twisting goodness that have propelled the Fighters across the world. To honor the release of Cave Rave they will again take to road for a world tour, kicking off in Murcia, Spain on May 3. I already have my tickets bought for the June 7 show in Portland a...
Comments
Post a Comment