Wilderness


Up early after what concludes a bizarre and exhausting but fun Thanksgiving week. Shuttling around the cities has worn me down and as a result all I wanted to hear this morning were some mellowed out tracks. Citing influences such as Sigur Ros, Fleet Foxes, and Bon Iver, Wilderness ended up being who I needed to hear. These guys are a talented 5 piece based out of Brisbane, AU. In addition, to Sigur Ros and Bon Iver, I can't help drawing some similarities between Message to Bears (check out the post). The two tracks included for your enjoyment are "Child of Day" and an acoustic demo titled, "Run." The former begins with an eerie "Glósóli"-esque instrumentation before launching into mellowed out strings, guitar and vocals. The latter is a simpler track that highlights the vocal talent and breadth of Wilderness. These two tracks progress solidly and I think what has got me hooked most is my soft spot for string instruments (check out the end of "Child of Day").


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorcha Richardson - "Petrol Station"

Thelma Plum - "Gold" (Chet Faker cover)

New Releases Abound...