Night Moves


Last night found me at Vaudville Mews in Des Moines for Night Moves. Personally, I have never been a big fan of concert or album reviews as I feel it isn't all that interesting. As a result I am steering clear of a full-fledged write up. I will say this though, Night Moves is still one of my favorite live acts. I saw them open for Oberhofer and if memory serves me right Jonquil last year. While not dance music by any means, there is a raw energy in their live show that simultaneously entrances and forces movement. These guys have won the support of the likes of KEXP and the Current in the twin cities. Night Moves has everything they need to take off and I hope they do. As I have already posted "Headlights," I feature "Country Queen" and "Horses" below. "Country Queen" has already received quite a bit of press from other blogs. I typically avoid posting heavily covered tracks but Night Moves warrants some rule-breaking. Both tracks come from their first and latest release, Colored Emotions . Without a doubt the cd to pick up right now.

Night Moves - "Country Queen"



Night Moves - "Horses"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thelma Plum - "Gold" (Chet Faker cover)

Sorcha Richardson - "Petrol Station"

New Releases Abound...